Ronald McDonald House Charities of Idaho Announces Summer Drive-In Movie Series
The following is a press release from Ronald McDonald House Charities of Idaho.
IDAHO FALLS – Ronald McDonald House Charities of Idaho is thrilled to announce its 2022 Summer Drive-In film series, presented by Blue Cross of Idaho, at the Idaho Falls Motor Vu Drive-In.
Throughout the summer, the Motor Vu Drive-In will feature Jurassic Park followed by classic movies on the big screen as the second feature. Passes will be $30 per wagon at the gate. Moviegoers can save $10 by purchasing their passes at rmhcidaho.org/movieseries. All proceeds from admission passes will be donated to Idaho RMHC. Concessions will also be available from 7:30 p.m. until the start of the second film and 10% of the concessions will support RMHC of Idaho.
- Thursday, June 16 will kick off the summer drive-in movie series with Jurassic Park and JAWS
- Thursday, July 14 will feature The Lost World, Jurassic Park and Back to the Future
- Thursday, July 28 will feature Jurassic World and Back to the Future II
The 2022 season will end on Thursday, August 11 with Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and ET.
Doors will open at 7 p.m. and the first show will begin 30 minutes after sunset. Each event will feature other free on-site activities from 7-9 p.m., including:
- GRIT League Obstacle Course
- Inflatable houses
- Glitter Stencils
- Sponsor activities (corn hole, spin the wheel, etc.)
- Scavenger hunt to win additional raffle tickets for three prizes to be given out before the first film begins
- Kahoot quiz with prizes for the top three winners. (The Kahoot trivia begins as soon as the information can be seen on the big screen.)
- Fun goodie bags will be provided to the first 100 cars.
Eagle Rock Indian Motorcycle donated a KAYO FOX 70. Raffle tickets will be available for purchase at each movie. $5/each or 5 for $20. The winning ticket will be drawn during the film on August 11.
RMHC Idaho operates three programs in Idaho, including Ronald McDonald House in Boise, Happy Wheels Hospitality Carts in Boise and Twin Falls, and Ronald McDonald Family Room in Idaho Falls. The Family Room is located inside the EIRMC and first opened in September 2019. Since opening, the Family Room has supported over 1,200 families and received over 7,000 visits.
The Family Room provides families with a home environment where they can eat, shower, do laundry, watch TV, take a nap, or even spend the night, all just steps away from their sick or injured child. Any family with a sick or injured child at EIRMC can use the family room, whether they live in Idaho Falls or are from out of the area. Having a child in the hospital places a huge financial burden on families. RMHC Idaho’s services are free for families to use, and generous donations from the community make this possible. 100% of funds raised stay local to support RMHC Idaho programs.
Film sponsors for the 2022 film series are: Teton Toyota, Idaho Central Credit Union, Idaho Environmental Coalition and Intermountain Anesthesia. The Idaho RMHC has partnered with Riverbend Communications as the media sponsor for this year’s film series.